Castle Serenity slow feed issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BJoie

Dec 14, 2020
Maine, United States
We have a new Castle Serenity pellet stove that doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. If I put pellets in the burn pot. Its starts up runs for a while but will burn through the pellets without feeding enough to keep going.

If I start it normally is feeds a few pellets, starts a small flame and eventually turns off. Seems like its only feeding a few pellets at a time. Any thoughts on what is going on??

Reactions: Ssyko
I’m not sure if you found your answer, but I have the same issue when using Manual (Stall 1). The feed rate is too slow to keep fire going. It happened to me on both CS stoves. Literally just replaced a unit that had some mfg issues. I’m starting to think that this stove was not the best choice. Maybe my expectation of a stove that is predictable and more importantly, reliable, is too much to ask. I’ve endured multiple troubleshooting events trying to get it right.

Check your manual, im pretty sure you can adjust the feed in each mode along with the blower voltage for each stall.

I've not experienced that at all. My CS starts on manual, Stall one and runs fine, continues to feed
and burn all day. Factory settings for all, air feed door, voltages , etc. I've never even had it on setting
4 or 5. Maybe try it someday.

I know this is a really old thread but I thought I'd add in my experience...

My Serenity does not feed properly if the feed motor is too cold. As I use it in a place that isn't always heated, this is a problem. I contacted the manufacturer and was told that there was a batch that had the wrong grease - I'm assuming it is too stiff at low temps.

I was sent a replacement motor that I haven't installed yet, as I came up with a klugy method for preheating the stove with an electric space heater before starting it.

I'd just pull the motor apart and change the grease
with a lighter one

Reactions: Washed-Up