Castle serenity vacuum switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eekeman

Oct 16, 2015
Sullivan co ny
Having an issue with stove went down last nite did diagnostic as manual says to do ,did some of their solutions and still have problems it's not going into vacuum on diagnostic mode now have to wait till Monday unless anyone else had this problem thanks

Having an issue with stove went down last nite did diagnostic as manual says to do ,did some of their solutions and still have problems it's not going into vacuum on diagnostic mode now have to wait till Monday unless anyone else had this problem thanks

Do you know where the vacuum switch is? Are you reasonably mechanically inclined to do the work yourself? If so, find the switch and take it to any hvac supply store or even call your local furnace repair service tech and have them test it or see if they have one that will work even temporary until your oem switch shows up.

But first I would check the door seal and the hopper lid seal. Then while shut down, clean the burn chamber and look around for split or separated seams. You can search this site for rich2500. He has recently posted pictures of a burn chamber issue he had. But I dont recall he was having vacuum issues, more of a cracking and banging noises issue.

Yesterday I cleaned the vent pipe,replaced door seal the hopper light is on so that should mean that its functions, the manual says if the exhaust motor comes on vacuum should work but no icon lights up was wondering that there's 2 hose nibs and an extra wire plug on if there's an secondary vacuum built in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are on the right track. If the "V" is not on at the bottom of the display, you must not have vacuum. rich2500 posted some pictures of a second flame sensor switch, but I doubt a second vacuum switch would be installed.
Back when this house had a nat gas furnace, and high humidity, the furnace quit. The local shade tree furnace tech (shade tree is actually the name of the company) told me to remove the vacuum hose and blow it out. Sure enough, it had water in it that had condensated. The hose had a very slight bend in it to form a low spot for condensate to settle.

I blew it out vacuumed from inside Stelio nothing now I'm going to jump out vacuum switch to see if it goes on then I'll now for sure Thanks Deezl Smoke for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk