Cb 1200 ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok checked under burn pot looked tight to me Tried to turn it wouldn't move .
Checked door with dollar could pull out with a little effort so a couple turns of the screws
All in all it seems to have made a difference ! Here are a few pictures and a short video ( the video is of start up )
How am I looking guys ? Looks like the door gasket is on its way out ?

image.jpg image.jpg

From the pic at startup, looks like your feed is not set properly. After you check the plate at the burn pot start the stove. AFTER the stove has run for about 10-15 min, adjust the feed gate per manual. On startup, the flame in mine is pretty intense and is above the pellet chute. Think you have a two part issue: pot door loose AND feed rate set to low.

I agree. Definitely check the gap (dime width as shown in my pic above) but if they haven't opened up the feed gate after changing pellets (going from a A Super Premium to a Standard Pellet) then I would think that the main problem lies there.

Im on year 5 with mine and I have applied Loc-Tite on the nut and bolt to the pot floor (came loose quite regularly
)

To the OP- Every time you make a pellet change, you must set the flame height with the feed gate. Especially if your running on High. So please read the manual and set accordingly.

I keep mine open 100% about 90% of the time, but I only run mine on Low.
If I were to run on High or Med, I would set flame height according to the manual. (Open gate in small increments, then give the stove 10-15 min to make the feed adjustment within the auger flight).

Door gasket looks a little frayed. After 3 years I changed mine.

I believe I ordered it from www.woodheatstoves.com. It came with enough material to do the door twice :) (over 10' )

(Sorry, I posted and your post wasn't up yet? :()

Guys I can't thank you enough for all of your help ! Stove is still not at 100% but I feel I'm 90% there ! Is the door gasket hard for a guy that has no clue ? The video won't load to big I think but start up was good flames touched heat panels not a fire ball but good . The flame rises and falls pretty regular . I would say my feed rate is about 75% open on high .
Do you think a low/med setting with feed rate at 100% is a better option ? I still gotta burn 2 tons of mcfeeters !! But I'm gonna get a ton of vermonts for the cold days . I have a few bags of cubix to try

Now off to check the ice ! Time to get some fishing in ! Love the wood heat in the shack !

Guys I can't thank you enough for all of your help ! Stove is still not at 100% but I feel I'm 90% there ! Is the door gasket hard for a guy that has no clue ? The video won't load to big I think but start up was good flames touched heat panels not a fire ball but good . The flame rises and falls pretty regular . I would say my feed rate is about 75% open on high .
Do you think a low/med setting with feed rate at 100% is a better option ? I still gotta burn 2 tons of mcfeeters !! But I'm gonna get a ton of vermonts for the cold days . I have a few bags of cubix to try

Gasket is pretty straight forward. Open door and lift off (at hinges, no tools required to remove) and tear old gasket out. Clean any old cement/silicone out of channel, read instructions for new gasket, lay a good bead of silicone/cement down, lay new gasket in, make sure to use a Very sharp razor blade to cut the ends (you dont want to fray a new gasket).

After making sure the ends are tight together (good razor cut ends should touch) then reinstall door and shut lightly.

After a couple hours of curing. Open door and preform dollar bill test until it feels snug all the way around. Depending on how your door is now? You may need to make a hinge adjustment. If one side or the top or bottom seals better, loosen the 2 nuts on the hinge side and then try again. You want a good even seal around the entire gasket.

Well ice was not ready for me to be out there ! So back to the stove just filled up with mcfeeters so far so good ! Time will tell running on high house at 76 ( only 33 out now )
Do you think the stove sort may have been over tightened before and that's what cause it to wear that way ? Because that would have been the only thing I did to the stove (2yrs ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.