Ceiling Chimney Collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottgen20

Feb 15, 2006
Lower Saucon, PA
Hi Everyone,

I moved into an old farmhouse earlier this year and have just gotten around to taking care of the wood stove. There was an Efel coal stove installed and I'm replacing it with a wood burner.

I started to look at the interior single wall and decided to replace it, as it seems to have had better days. Once I got the sections disconnected from the stove, I removed it from the thimble in the ceiling. That left me with a small crimped connector which is protruding from the ceiling - and which I'd like to replace as it's a bit rusty. When I moved in the gutters were clogged and dipped directly down towards the chimney, dousing it with a ton of water every time it rained. Some of this obviously got in and caused the rust. Looks like the exterior part of the chimney (stainless) is in good condition.

My question.. How in the world can I replace that crimped end coming out of the ceiling? I've tried twisting the larger collar and pulling down on in, but no luck. Attaching a picture for reference.

Thanks all!
Scott
IMG_2520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.