Cemi wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sapratt

Feeling the Heat
May 14, 2008
Northwestern, Oh
I was looking through craigslist and found a cemi concept 2 forsale. I tried finding some info about the stove but found none.
Does anyone know who makes them or made them? I'm going to assume they are old stoves since I couldn't find anything
on it.

Cemi makes them, they are not epa stoves but do have a plate to hold the smoke in slightly longer to burn and has exit "tubes" so to speak. It puts out 109k btu if I remember right but that is input btu not output. My guess is that it is about 50 percent efficent if you really know how to run it. They come with 1 or two variable speed blowers. The glass is either ceramic or mica sheets. The sheets need replacing every other year for about 50 bucks if yo do it yourself. It is a pre-1983 stove I believe. When I had one it was 1981 vintage. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.