central oil heater chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paulmars

Feb 10, 2017
fl
For reasons unrelated to the oll heater, Id like to move its chimney from venting thru the roof to going out the side of the garage wall. This will involve making the pipe longer and much of that increase will involve the pipe traveling horizontal.

I know that i will need to readjust the barometric damper afterwards.

Any other concerns or things that i should know?

tks,
pa

For reasons unrelated to the oll heater, Id like to move its chimney from venting thru the roof to going out the side of the garage wall. This will involve making the pipe longer and much of that increase will involve the pipe traveling horizontal.

I know that i will need to readjust the barometric damper afterwards.

Any other concerns or things that i should know?
Check the manual for the furnace see how far you can run horizontal. And make sure you maintain proper clearances from the pipe and your wall passthru is done correctly

the original bryant install paperwork gives no info on exhaust. I asked them and they said that I need to ask my authorized dealer.

The original beckett paper work actually gives more info. Like 1/4" rise for every 12", might need an exhaust fan to pull the exhaust out, if exhausting to out side of building, it's better to have the combustion air intake going thru the same wall to balance the unit. that last one I really dont understand and would rather leave the intake in the garage.

How would that exhaust fan effect setting the damper?

pa