Chain saw bar help for Husky 455 Rancher

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
I'm trying to replace a Husqvarna 455 Rancher bar with markings 18/45 058/15 3/8 68DL 107798 GW. I've been using the H48-68 chain for years with good luck with this bar.

The Husky bar chain guide says I should be using a solid bar and not a laminated bar with this chain but the guide only lists a laminated bar for my saw and I don't know what kind of bar I have now.

Which bar should I get for this chain/saw combo?

Attachments

Smokepole

Sep 28, 2019
Foothills N.C.
I'm trying to replace a Husqvarna 455 Rancher bar with markings 18/45 058/15 3/8 68DL 107798 GW. I've been using the H48-68 chain for years with good luck with this bar.

The Husky bar chain guide says I should be using a solid bar and not a laminated bar with this chain but the guide only lists a laminated bar for my saw and I don't know what kind of bar I have now.

Which bar should I get for this chain/saw combo?
fireman. This may help you. I don't know if you are aware of baileysonline.com

They are a logging supply company. Husqvarna is the main brand of saw they sell.
They can help you with most anything you need. I run a 026 stihl and get my bar and chain
combos from them. They have some really good sales too.
I also get my chaps and other safety gear from them. They carry anything you need for logging.
Check them out, if you haven't already.

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
Thanks Smokepole. Yes I did see their website and they look like a good bet to answer my question. I have a local Husky dealer nearby as well.

Just thought it would be good to hear from others on this topic.