Chain saw bar help for Husky 455 Rancher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fire_man

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
North Eastern MA
I'm trying to replace a Husqvarna 455 Rancher bar with markings 18/45 058/15 3/8 68DL 107798 GW. I've been using the H48-68 chain for years with good luck with this bar.

The Husky bar chain guide says I should be using a solid bar and not a laminated bar with this chain but the guide only lists a laminated bar for my saw and I don't know what kind of bar I have now.

Which bar should I get for this chain/saw combo?

Attachments

• chainsaw bar.jpeg
    chainsaw bar.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 358
I'm trying to replace a Husqvarna 455 Rancher bar with markings 18/45 058/15 3/8 68DL 107798 GW. I've been using the H48-68 chain for years with good luck with this bar.

The Husky bar chain guide says I should be using a solid bar and not a laminated bar with this chain but the guide only lists a laminated bar for my saw and I don't know what kind of bar I have now.

Which bar should I get for this chain/saw combo?
fireman. This may help you. I don't know if you are aware of baileysonline.com

They are a logging supply company. Husqvarna is the main brand of saw they sell.
They can help you with most anything you need. I run a 026 stihl and get my bar and chain
combos from them. They have some really good sales too.
I also get my chaps and other safety gear from them. They carry anything you need for logging.
Check them out, if you haven't already.

Thanks Smokepole. Yes I did see their website and they look like a good bet to answer my question. I have a local Husky dealer nearby as well.

Just thought it would be good to hear from others on this topic.