Chainsaw boots------

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure would. What's not to like? Labeled for chainsaw use, made in America. Go for it.

They are nice boots, when I was shopping for my pair of boots they were my #2 choice, and I gave them a lot of thought. I liked the Matterhorn boots a little better, and ended up getting them, despite having to pay a lot more. The Matterhorns are a little taller for more coverage on the lower leg, have a couple more layers of kevlar, and have a Gore-tex lining, which makes for drier feet in the slop... It is noted that the Matterhorns not only have a chainsaw rating, but they are also UL listed - far as I know, they are the only boots that are.... (and if you care about such things, they are also US made)

I have been very happy with my Matterhorns, once broken in, they are definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, even though they do make you feel like your feet have gotten 4 sizes bigger...

That said, I have never seen anything negative about the Labonville boots, so I wouldn't say not to purchase them, I just think the Matterhorns are enough better to justify the extra price - other's opinions may vary.

Gooserider

Wish they made them with Internal Met Guard, then I could get my company to pay for 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.