Chainsaw Storage Location Safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
Considering different places to store my chainsaw. Do you think that this location is too close to the propane furnace?

Attachments

• ChainsawStorage.jpg
    ChainsawStorage.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 524
I can fill the love!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming you run the saw until it is out of fuel, I don't see a problem.

I don't like it. That furnace draws its combustion air from the room. I don't like the potential for vapors to be drawn into the cumbustion chamber. Chainsaws tend to have bar oil leak when not in use......

I'm sure you're fine, but I wouldn't store my saw there....

You could store it at my place... :cheese:

sl7vk said:
I don't like it. That furnace draws its combustion air from the room. I don't like the potential for vapors to be drawn into the cumbustion chamber. Chainsaws tend to have bar oil leak when not in use......

I'm sure you're fine, but I wouldn't store my saw there....

What he said why chance it.

Thanks, I agree. For now it will be on the shelf below my workbench.

There are times, when I'll be using it again soon, that it will have some gas in the tank. I'd prefer not to even have it in the garage at those times, but I don't have any other good options.

I got one of those plastic carrying cases when I got my Stihl, in the case you could leave it in a snowbank.

Mine stays in the case out in the shed.

I'd actually like to keep the saws inside vs. outside. That said, this is a bit to close to a furnace for me. Place somewhere on the other side of the basement. Hope you can find a few other places in the area to keep the saws.
Chad

I could show you some pictures of house fires I have been to because they store gas cans and lawn mowers in their furnace rooms. Gas+flame=new house Move ASAP!!!!!!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.