Change elbow placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mccorb

Apr 8, 2019
Tulsa OK
I just had a wood stove installed. The stove is installed in a corner with the pipe going through the ceiling. The pipe goes straight up until it gets near the ceiling and then there are 2 45's with a small connector to shift the pipe back to the very corner right before it goes through. There are large picture windows on each wall about 12" from each corner.

It seems that if the 45's were installed right on top of the stove, the long pipe run would be closer to the corner and wouldn't block the view as much. Granted, it's a small thing but I was wondering if it would work as well in that configuration.

16817356081603050359924340231055.jpg

How close would that put the stovepipe to any combustible? How tall is the chimney pipe from the ceiling to the chimney cap?

How close would that put the stovepipe to any combustible? How tall is the chimney pipe from the ceiling to the chimney cap?
The stovepipe would be pretty close to the wall but no closer than the current pipe is to the wall at the ceiling. It would just be closer for a longer distance.

It may be ok, an actual measurement would help verify that.

How tall is the chimney pipe from the ceiling to the chimney cap?

What stove make/model is this?

About half way between wrist and shoulder seems to be working well enough for me.