Change vent options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitter

Jan 11, 2015
New jersey
Hi, Bought a heat n glo sl-750tr-ipi-e from Craigslist never used. With my lack of knowledge purchased took it home read manuel found out once a vent direction is chosen it can't be changed. Well back to my lack of knowledge the top seal cap was removed and I can't use it that way. <> I don't have the cap either so I need to use the back vent. The book says you can not reverse this choice. I need any suggestions why I can't put fire resistant insulation back in the top hole and cover it with some kind of thin steel. Maybe someone here can shed a little light on my situation. Thanks,Bitter

There is more than just insulation in the top vent. IIRC, there is a steel plate sealing
the lowermost opening into the firebox, then an insulation layer, then a cap that is secured
in place by strapping & zip screws. If you can replace ALL of those components, you should be good to go.
I recommend you pay a visit to your local Heat & Glo Distributor & see if he has those components lying around
as leftovers from an install. Most of them are thrown out at the end of the workday by the crews...

That's what I was thinking. I have all these parts in the back vent area. Cap, insulation, and the insulation basket can't figure out why heat n glo says you can't. Thanks DAKSY for pointing out the inside cover (insulation basket) picture is not so clear Diden't see it till you mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.