Changing Gasket on QudraFire SantaFe Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpower

Oct 10, 2014
W. Mass
My door gasket looks shot. I have watched a couple of videos on how to change the gasket but they all start with the door off. Do I need to remove the door to do this or can I just pull out the rods and pull the glass?

Thanks.

If you feel lucky, just pull the rods, but it is a lot easier and safer to take door off. Esp. when putting it back in. kap

Usually easier to do the job flat.

I was able to get the glass out by pulling the rods. I wasn't able to figure out how to take the door off. Do I have to pull the front cover, handle, and the screws in the hinges? I RTFM and looked for you tubes but I couldn't find the answer.

The door handle and face must be taken off. If you don't have a owners manual, you can download one off Quadrafires website. It is on page 18 and 33. kap

Hope it worked for ya. I don't enjoy putting door gaskets on. lol kap

Status
Not open for further replies.