chappee bermuda c28 boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t4driller

Jul 29, 2013
windber pa
Hi all this is my first time posting and would like some advice. I had just bought a chappee bermuda c28 wood coal boiler 135000btu. I currently have a oil burner with those big cast iron registers and everything is on one zone. I have a cape cod house that is about 1500 to 2000 square feet. I would like to get your opinions on the best way to hook it up in line with the oil burner. I have been doing a little reading on this forum and it seems that you guys really know what you are doing. I don't know much at all about boilers so your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks t4driller

Can you tell if the radiators all connected in a series from one directly into another or is there a couple T's under each one? They may be right under the rad or they may be under the floor.
If you see something like that, a picture would be great.
A lot of those old systems used what is called a "monoflow" tee that uses a restriction to send some of the water up to the rad and let some go past to hit the ones further down the loop.
I would just about bet that is what you will find.

Can you tell if the radiators all connected in a series from one directly into another or is there a couple T's under each one? They may be right under the rad or they may be under the floor.
If you see something like that, a picture would be great.
A lot of those old systems used what is called a "monoflow" tee that uses a restriction to send some of the water up to the rad and let some go past to hit the ones further down the loop.
I would just about bet that is what you will find.
Yes it does have T's under each radiator. It looks like the main pipes are 1 1/4 then go to 1 Inch or 3/4 pipes to the radiator.

Attachments

• 20130730_172031.jpg
    20130730_172031.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 434
Status
Not open for further replies.