Chase ceiling roxul insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bfast250

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2013
Missouri
I have a chase that extends from the main floor where my fireplace is at up through the roof. The chase has a drywall ceiling at the first floor where I framed in and installed a radiation shield and ran my 6" class A. There is 2+ inches to combustibles as required.

I am safe to insulate this drywall ceiling on the attic side with roxul, correct? The roxul can go right up against the radiation shield? Just double checking.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it sounds safe, the insulation shield maintains the clearance. Why drywall on the attic side?

Yes, it sounds safe, the insulation shield maintains the clearance. Why drywall on the attic side?
Thanks for the help.

I worded that poorly. The drywall is on the side of the first floor like normal. The roxul insulation is on the attic side.