Cheap material to raise fireplace floor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

therealdbeau

Burning Hunk
Oct 16, 2018
VA
Hi all, past the face of my fireplace the floor drops about 3/4 inch. I want to add a fireproof board to the floor to make it even with the rest of the hearth so the insert sits even across its base.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap rigid material I can add underneath the insert preferably from home depot/lowes/ace as I'd like to get it done this weekend.

Thanks!

Hi all, past the face of my fireplace the floor drops about 3/4 inch. I want to add a fireproof board to the floor to make it even with the rest of the hearth so the insert sits even across its base.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a cheap rigid material I can add underneath the insert preferably from home depot/lowes/ace as I'd like to get it done this weekend.

Thanks!
Cement board

Reactions: therealdbeau