Cheaper US Stove Part for Clayton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thundar

Jan 6, 2012
SE Ohio
Hey guys, I would love to buy a new forced air blower for my Clayton 1600G wood furnace, but US Stove's website says the replacement is $205 for a little 4" fan blower. Any ideas where I can get one cheaper? The old one still works, but the switch went bad, and I replaced it with a switch, but it is impossible to keep the wiring together (it's jammed in a 1" by 2" box with no slack wire to work with).

Try Grainger.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Not sure about your actual furnace, but mine had the dual blower fans. When they went bad I replaced them with a large single from an old propane furnace that a buddy gave me. I cut a hole in the back to accommodate the new size and I was off and running. Personally I wish I had done it years ago. For what it's worth I also made my own shaker grates and shaker grate holders instead of buying there way over prices replacement parts. Good luck

Edit: I'm talking about the distribution blower

Last edited:
Are you talking about the distribution blower, or forced draft blower?

The forced draft blower. It still runs fine, but the switch went bad a few years ago, and US Stove (of course) doesn't sell just the switch. And you can't get in there to get good wire nut connections on it, so the hot wires want to jiggle loose sometimes. It's a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.