Cheat river build up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
So lowes only had cheat river so had to buy them.
They are not burning in my pdvc very well. See pic. I have turned up the air a couple and lowered the feed, so now I am at 2-7-1, but still building up. What do I need to do to burn these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 91
Hmmmm...if the pellets seem normal, looks like an airflow problem to me. Had no trouble with the Cheat Rivers in my stove in the past.

I did a review on the Cheats and they weren't very good (last year too). Very ashy and not as hot as other pellets. You might need to crank the air to 9 and try that but I think it might be the nature of the beast with those pellets. Good luck.

Ok, I cleaned the stove up really good.. leaf blower and all.. pellets still piling up ( even with different brands of pellets) running it 9-9 // 3-6-1 with Tstat. Temp gauge says are 650 degrees. Cleaned out the pile up, turned the air up to 9. Temp gauge reading almost 800 degrees. thought raising the air would decrease the temp?
Glass is getting very dirty no matter what pellets I use also..

I am new to burning this season and have tried 8-9 different brands. Cheat River have been the most ashy burn so far and I would not recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.