Check out my new wood stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

overlandsea

Oct 8, 2016
Camano Island, WA
I've learned so much about wood stoves from this site, and I know people like seeing completed projects, so I thought I'd post mine. Originally wanted to do an alcove to replace a ZC fireplace, but finally realized that the room would have a better layout if I moved the wood stove next to our view window rather than opposite corner (room had two focal points before...weird for furniture layout). So we took out the old ZC and false wall, sealed it up w/ drywall and put the wood stove in the corner next to our view window. Actually finished this up in the spring, except for the custom heat shield. Just got that in yesterday and love how it turned out. The stove meets clearances and passed inspection without it, but I felt better having it than not (saying that because I think it is a little small to count for clearance reduction). Also, I think it looks awesome!
IMG_0116.jpg

Yes, that looks great!

Curious, whats the stove, and great country wall protection?
You definitely made the right choice, putting the stove in the corner for the fire view.

Curious, whats the stove, and great country wall protection?
You definitely made the right choice, putting the stove in the corner for the fire view.

Hearthstone Shelburne...discontinued, but it looks like they're working on an updated version. The heat shield was a custom job. Local shop with a CNC plasma cutter...basically a giant CNC with a torch on the end. Very cool. They did the design work too. Thanks!