Cherry questions.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! I brought one home last weekend that I had felled for some friends. Split a bunch of it this weekend and it's super easy to split. Does yours have a bit of a funky odor to it?
No, it is more of a sweet smell, and the straight splits are so easy to split......

Silver Maple will do in a pinch. It's dry in a summer, It's abundant. It's fairly easy to process. I think Ash is easier to process and a much better wood, so I always go for that first when given the choice, but free maple is always good. I have cords of it in my back yard. And there will be a few more cords by the end of the winter.

Here is my update.....we got some silver maple split up,a little more to go..... image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks all......

Still nice score !!

Thanks Dix.... I'm happy....

Reactions: splitoak
Btw ram...if you were wondering..there are a coupla types of cherry in our area...pin or fire cherry and black cherry...pin cherry has a smooth bark. Black cherry is much more coarse..like shaggy..hope this helps..and there is no mistaken the smell when split

Status
Not open for further replies.