Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just down from the hard maple I found this cherry, just needs to be split. Family emergency so all cutting and splitting put on hold.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0585.jpg
    100_0585.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_0586.jpg
    100_0586.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 467
  • 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 465
zapny said:
Just down from the hard maple I found this cherry, just needs to be split. Family emergency so all cutting and splitting put on hold.

zap

Hey Zap hope all is well there..

Ray

Hope all is well Zap - same deal for us yesterday - 7 year old son split head wide open, right between his eyes, (dime size hole, right down to skull) while running to find eggs on the property. Luckily the ER was slow and he was sutured in no time - he was a real brave one - only upset on the hospital ride because he thought little sis would find all his eggs! Again, hope all is well! Cheers!

I do hope all is well zap.

NH_Wood, I can picture it all now. The loss of the eggs was worse than the loss of blood! lol I hope he isn't too sore now.

Hope to get back in the woods this weekend, the family emergency just one week ago has become alot better.

zap

Good to hear!! I'm also hoping to get into my woods this weekend now that temps are cooler...just can't bring myself to cut trees when it's close to 90!

muncybob said:
Good to hear!! I'm also hoping to get into my woods this weekend now that temps are cooler...just can't bring myself to cut trees when it's close to 90!

It was close to 90 last week when I pulled out of the woods @ 2:15, I have to split the Cherry then buck and split some beech in that same area. I have to start hauling wood out this weekend or during the week depending on the weather.

zap

zapny said:
Hope to get back in the woods this weekend, the family emergency just one week ago has become alot better.

zap
That's good news zap!

Glad you are back and things are okay zap.

Hey, our stove has been running the last couple of days. I told my wife to put away the Carhartts last week. I'm glad she didn't as I was wearing them today. Freezing again tonight, but we're staying warm.

Backwoods Savage said:
Glad you are back and things are okay zap.

Hey, our stove has been running the last couple of days. I told my wife to put away the Carhartts last week. I'm glad she didn't as I was wearing them today. Freezing again tonight, but we're staying warm.

Hopefully by the middle of next week we will get more good news, we have the fire going tonight also. Looks like it will go below freezing here tonight also.

zap

zapny said:

zap

Welcome back Zap glad to see you being upbeat..

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

Thanks guys, I just received the call that I thought we would get next week again good news.

zap

zapny said:
raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

Thanks guys, I just received the call that I thought we would get next week again good news.

zap

Excellent glad to see things are going well for you!

Ray

NH_Wood said:
Hope all is well Zap - same deal for us yesterday - 7 year old son split head wide open, right between his eyes, (dime size hole, right down to skull) while running to find eggs on the property. Luckily the ER was slow and he was sutured in no time - he was a real brave one - only upset on the hospital ride because he thought little sis would find all his eggs! Again, hope all is well! Cheers!

How's the little guy doing, things on this end are getting better with each day.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.