Chimney Brush help !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis 2

Nov 29, 2007
western MA
I have a 6" Jackes Evans Mode SC Type HT Chimney. I used a HD poly chimney brush last time to clean it and it almost got stuck in the pipe . I couldn't pull it back and forth ,and I really had to work on it to get it down the pipe . Is there an easier brush to use, So I can work the brush up & down ?
Thanks
Dennis

You can give the brush a "light haircut".. Not too much,try 1/4" and see how that works. Don`t take too much off, cause ya can`t put it back.!!

Just heat that chimney up, let the fire die down then send that poly brush down. :) J/K don't really do that. I ruined a brush doing that once.

I have the same problem. Now i tie a rope on the brush end, push the brush all the way down and pull up on the rope and chimney pole together. If something where to get stuck or break off i hope i could pull back up!

Mine will do that if I have a glaze of creosote....usualy 3 or 4 trips of major resistance and then it slides nice. May want to look close and see if that is what you have... I used some chimney sweep powder and that loosened that stuff up great!

Status
Not open for further replies.