Chimney cleaning system (soot eater?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KG19

May 15, 2022
SW Wisconsin
Hey guys,

I realize this is probably a long shot but figured it was worth a try… I moved into a house with a wood stove almost 2 years ago, have been getting into using it and really enjoy it. Recently I found this chimney whip system in the basement which was left by the previous owners. There were two extensions sitting out and then also an unopened pack of them (but no head). I’m wondering if anyone can identify just based on the look if this is the soot eater or some other brand? And if so, if it’s possible to just buy a replacement head and adapter or if I’d have to just buy a whole new set anyways.

The unopened package has no labels or markings on it, and I have attached a picture of that plus a couple pictures of what the extensions look like on both sides.

0425563C-375E-404B-BA51-4ED5F046FB3B.jpeg C66B9AD7-A062-4208-84D6-D344CA347719.jpeg 1E1F4AE5-36D0-481D-888A-0F66ED8D6952.jpeg

That looks like sooteater to me.

Hey guys,

I realize this is probably a long shot but figured it was worth a try… I moved into a house with a wood stove almost 2 years ago, have been getting into using it and really enjoy it. Recently I found this chimney whip system in the basement which was left by the previous owners. There were two extensions sitting out and then also an unopened pack of them (but no head). I’m wondering if anyone can identify just based on the look if this is the soot eater or some other brand? And if so, if it’s possible to just buy a replacement head and adapter or if I’d have to just buy a whole new set anyways.

The unopened package has no labels or markings on it, and I have attached a picture of that plus a couple pictures of what the extensions look like on both sides.

View attachment 312719 View attachment 312720 View attachment 312721
It looks like some sooteater rods, the head for it will come in different sizes depending on your chimney size .

We have some 6 inch double wall that I clean with the sooteater, I think the line that comes out of the head is 8 inches in length or more.