chimney liner sizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gandyt7

Sep 9, 2014
pa
I recently had a fa455 dutchwest stove given to me as a first wood burner. The chimney is masonary but is going to need lined in the owners manual it says contact consolidated dutchwest for liner options. Does anyone no the size liner this stove would require? Opening of the flue adapter is 10.5x5".

According to manual I found on-line, you need to use either an 8" oval-to-round adapter or an 8" oval to 6" round adapter.
That tells me that you'll need either an 8" liner or a 6" liner. What is the size of the flue tile in your chimney?

Right now the opening is 7x11 and is going to be about 25' flue length, I also found this tag on the back of the wood burner which makes me lean to a 6" liner versus going bigger

Here's a picture of the tag.

Attachments

• IMG_20140910_110747957_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140910_110747957_HDR.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 100
It says 6" so go with 6"

Status
Not open for further replies.