Chimney Pipe Flashing/Boot for Metal Roofs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes, but they all use boots too. Also, I have most of the system installed. The only part left is to cut the hole in the roof, drop the chimney pipe in, screw down the fire stop, install the flashing and storm collar. If I wasn't afraid of heights it would have been done already.

Are you talking about the boot to pipe seal, or are you talking about the seal between the flashing and roof metal?
I have no clue what one would use on a silicone boot because I have not and will never install one. For the 2 tiny spots on the metal flashing I use through the roof. The storm collar I use silicone

Yes, but I don't think they take the same seal. One requires high temperature silicone, the other is for mating flashing to metal paneling. Completely different.

Sorry thought u were asking what you should seal not wat with.

I've found Geocell to be a bit too self leveling. Its run down a few roofs on us. OSI GS 121 has been much better.

I've found Geocell to be a bit too self leveling. Its run down a few roofs on us. OSI GS 121 has been much better.
Osi is good to. I am not talking about the regular paintable geocell

Yes, but I don't think they take the same seal. One requires high temperature silicone, the other is for mating flashing to metal paneling. Completely different.
A good quality silicone like GE Silicone II will work fine for the storm collar seam. The chimney pipe will not get over the 400º rating there. If it does, you will have more serious problems to deal with.