chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2cord8888

Dec 5, 2007
southeastern ma
Hello, I recently had a 2 flue lined chimney installed in the very center of my cabin, the chimney is about 35 feet high with 2 8x8 flues. The chimney sits directly on top of my finished basement floor and the cleanouts are in the second row of block. I am getting a brown stain forming at the base of the chimney on the concrete floor. I have only had about three full days of burning good dry hardwood and I do not see alot of creosote in the chimney. I added a cap to the top figuring that rain may not be helping me out, but it is still getting worse. does anyone know why this is happening or what I could do to minimize this problem? Thanks, Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.