chimney questions......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssupercoolss

Jan 28, 2008
southeast pa
since harman has put my boiler on the "extended" delivery, i am unfortunantly having to do some things somewhat out of order. i am going to make sure i have everything prepped for the boiler, where as i would have preferred to make sure the boiler is going to make it into my basement. confidence is high, so i am going to proceed with blasting a hole through my 2' stone foundation. enough of that - here is my question.....what kind of pipe am i running through my foundation? i am using dura tech chimney on the exterior of the house. what ever i am putting through the wall will have to connect to my class a clean out tee. i am thinking i need to run class A through the wall, since some of it will be exposed past my foundation, before it connects to the tee. so, then on the inside i need some type of adapter to take it from class A to stove pipe, correct?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.