Chimney support box clearance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reaperman1

Aug 7, 2022
Minnesota
Ok, I think I have the correct clearance answer but I want to confirm before the installation. I'm using excel dual wall stove pipe between the top of the wood stove to the support box. So the chimney support box must extend at least 6" below the ceiling sheetrock inside of the house, is this correct? I've been reading too many installation manuals with too many numbers lately. I know I read somewhere I only needed a 3" clearance but I want to confirm for sure. Thanks

For this type of question, I would refer to the manual for the components being installed, or check local codes.
I recently changed my stove and as mentioned, there were a lot of numbers and calculations to o follow to ensure safe/proper installation.