Chimney sweep failed my chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 29ft from the crest to the clean out door, even if it gets stuck, I'm sure I can find something to break it all up. My wife said no to the Mossberg but I'm sure I can shove something else in there to force it all to the bottom. That's only if it get's wedged at all, I mean it's Terracotta, it's not like I can't keep smashing it into smaller pieces, it will eventually break up and fall.

It's 29ft from the crest to the clean out door, even if it gets stuck, I'm sure I can find something to break it all up. My wife said no to the Mossberg but I'm sure I can shove something else in there to force it all to the bottom. That's only if it get's wedged at all, I mean it's Terracotta, it's not like I can't keep smashing it into smaller pieces, it will eventually break up and fall.
You would think that it would be easy to smash it and get it clear. That's not always the case. Working from the bottom to clear blockages is usually far more effective

It may not be the fastest process, but when I had one fall and get stuck, I immediately stopped and cleared it. I was able to drop a rope with a piece of metal and pull up on it to dislodge it. Gravity would take it from there. If you let too many build up that becomes difficult to clear.