Chimney Sweep Recommendation Long Island NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbering on

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2012
New York
Made an appointment with a sweep for this weekend.

He told us "I don't sweep from the top, it's too dangerous. I only sweep from the bottom"

The way our stove is set back into the fireplace, no room to maneuver the pipe.

He said, "no problem, I'll go through the stove".

I am very skeptical of this guy.

Can anyone recommend a reputable sweep on Long Island, Eastern Nassau or Suffolk Counties?

can recommend any I don't know any from the area. but we clean allot from the ground and allot through the stove. it is not necessarily a problem. but if it is cleaned from the ground he needs to make sure he checks the cap we do it wit binoculars and if it is very dirty or there is buildup on the screen you need to get up there and clean it. it sometimes comes clean with the brush from the ground but if there is much buildup it probably wont. he should also run a camera through it to inspect it afterwards. we don't scan them usually if we clean from the top because you can see most of the flue by looking down it but from the bottom you usually cant see anything.

Made an appointment with a sweep for this weekend.

He told us "I don't sweep from the top, it's too dangerous. I only sweep from the bottom"

The way our stove is set back into the fireplace, no room to maneuver the pipe.

He said, "no problem, I'll go through the stove".

I am very skeptical of this guy.

Can anyone recommend a reputable sweep on Long Island, Eastern Nassau or Suffolk Counties?
I have used Dun Rite here on the Island. I believe they are in Centereach. Maybe give them a call.

Begreen, thanks for posting those websites. I will need someone to clean my 2 out in a month or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.