Chimney Sweep Recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkriebel

Sep 8, 2007
I am seeking a recommendation for a Chimney Sweep in the Western Mass (413 area code) area. I have a Harmon Exception Insert in a fireplace. I'd like to get the chimney swept and the insert checked out. I have a feeling that the "professional" installation was not really done correctly. I am positive there isn't a blocking plate in the flue and the pipe off the insert is fairly short. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I know there are a lot of Western Mass members on this forum.

Thanks for your help.

edit: Added more specific location: Feeding Hills (Agawam)

If you provide a bit more specific location, you may actually have a member nearby you who can recommend someone. Or they may even stop by (for free coffee) and give you a hand or advice :)

There should be some advice here also.... or at least a link to csia certified sweeps in your area
http://www.csia.org/
welcome to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.