Chimney with two 90's and blaze kings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Why don't they make long bend 90's like they do for plumbing and hvac.
At least in the systems I've used, those 90's and 45's can be rotated to make odd angles. IOW, if you don't have enough "rise" space to make the required "run" at 45 degrees, just rotate the elbow halves to change it to 30 degrees. While this technically could be done in a multi-segment elbow like the swept HVAC numbers, I suspect it'd be more leaky and troublesome.

Last edited:
Should be good. Might be a touch over spec, but not enough to cause trouble, other than maybe a little extra fly ash on high burn. Since you're talking Princess and not BK30, I wouldn't even expect this to be any issue.

Two 45s together simulate a long bend 90º.

I called one Blazeking a different retailer today but they were useless. Found a third outside of the city and will see what they can give me for a quote.

BeGreen is correct, the Princess with do fine. Go up minimum of 36" using dbl wall stove pipe, two 45 elbows to complete the 90. Then your 19' should be fine.

BKVP
Would it be ok to link to this thread when dealing with my local retailers if they give me grief on existing chimney?

Would it be ok to link to this thread when dealing with my local retailers if they give me grief on existing chimney?
I do not own this site nor control their policies. I do adhere to them, so flag @begreen for his thoughts.

BKVP

It's not my site but it should be ok. In the past, I've emailed other stove mfgs. to threads pointing out an issue or user request.

Reactions: Ashful and BKVP