chisel chains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Gotta go online or to your local saw dealer. www.baileysonline.com is a fairly popular internet seller, although I've yet to buy anything from them.

There is nothing saw-related worth purchasing that can be found at the hardware chain stores. Not bars, not chains, not files, not oil. It's not a wonder that you don't see loggers, arborists, or firewood producers shopping there...

computeruser said:
There is nothing saw-related worth purchasing that can be found at the hardware chain stores. Not bars, not chains, not files, not oil. It's not a wonder that you don't see loggers, arborists, or firewood producers shopping there...

Minor disagreement on oil... I've gotten most of my mix oil at the local True Value - (admittedly they are also a Stihl / Husky dealer of sorts, got my chaps there and one pair of chainsaw gloves) same one-shot mix bottles the saw shops have, including mostly the same brands...

I just picked up 6 gallons of Pull-on bar oil at Wal-mart - $7/ gallon - a buck cheaper than TSC and $2 cheaper than Home Despot or sLowes... (And I don't think there's enough difference between bar oils to make a difference...

Totally agree on bars and chains though.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.