CL Laugh of the Day-The Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There used to be a Maine Dickering TV show, where people would read Uncle Henry's and go barter this for that.

We don't hear of CL transaction issues around here. The 1 in a million murder ones get sensationalized. And when you look at the facts, it's buyer stupidity by carrying lots of cash to a remote location.

upload_2016-9-2_10-28-33.png

Seems worth it to me. I'll probably just pay in cash.

I assume that was meant to be $80.00?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D8Chumley
Super EZ for $250, eh?
Price breakdown....
Saw $50
Family Heirloominess $200

Clipboard15.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
It sure is, but it has a Stihl bar on it. I didn't think Stihl and Husky bars were interchangeable? Maybe I'm mistaken

That also appears to have the Official Craigslist Tinfoil Hat Disclaimer at the bottom.

"DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT ME BY TEXT OR EMAIL USING THE INFORMATION I JUST PROVIDED. CONTACT ME BY PHONE CALL ONLY SO I KNOW YOU ARE NOT FROM THE INTERNET AND THE CIA. ONE TIME I ANSWERED A QUESTION ABOUT A CHAINSAW VIA EMAIL AND ALIENS TRIED TO HARVEST MY EYEBALLS IMMEDIATELY BUT THE CHEMTRAILS MADE THEM DIZZY AND I ESCAPED SO THEY ALMOST GOT ME AGAIN WITH A TEXT MESSAGE THANKS OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!111111"

Seriously... you get on the internet to advertise the sale of something. This is going to require some discussion and negotiation with multiple prospective buyers- so you limit all contact with THOSE people to the least useful method available.

I do appreciate it when crazy people and scam arists warn me right up front, but you have to wonder who exactly their target audience is. (People who shop on craigslist and are deathly afraid of text messages? What does that demographic look like?)

On a related note, I saw a 'free wood curbside' ad from the day before, so I sent a text to ask if it was still there.

Image-308982507.jpg

Yes... I will not be replying or going anywhere near your house, but thanks for the kind offer.

Reactions: Jazzberry
upload_2016-9-28_12-42-37.png

good deal?

The Husky 55 is just a decent deal and that's IF it runs great. I sell them for $200 after I've refurbed and give 30 day guarantee.
Tell seller that without testing it's a gamble - offer $125.

https://longisland.craigslist.org/tls/5873169068.html

The listing isn't funny in and of itself, but the paragraph below raises questions for me.

If you can post a Craigslist ad, you obviously know what the internet is- why did you buy an $800 saw for $1100?

I'd also like to hear what motivates someone to buy a 70cc pro saw, use it once, and sell it at a large loss?
Saw that one too. Wondered much the same. Couldn't have hired a guy with a saw to cut all day for same or less? Fishy.

The double magic heat guy shoots ice cubes out his chimney. Runs around below chimney with a cooler and fills it.

speakign of those things, my neighbor is tearing out his old stove that has one on there.... should i ask him for it?