Anyone ever use a Homelite 150?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougand3

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2008
North Alabama
On CL. Was this a good saw for it's day (or even today)? It looks like parts are tough to find being so old.

Homelite 150 Gas 16" Chainsaw - $30 (Madison)

00303_fC1i9LtYtG2_600x450.jpg

For sale is a Homelite 150 chainsaw. This saw is clean and in good cosmetic condition. It starts and runs, and comes equipped with a 16" bar and 3/8" pitch chain. It does have a couple of areas that it needs attention...The automatic oiler is not currently functioning, and the air filter and cover are missing. This is one of the classic designs from Homelite, with a magnesium saw body. The unit has a 2-cycle engine that requires a mix of 2-cycle oil in gasoline (Homelite specifies a 32:1 mixture ratio). Asking $30. It comes as shown in the photos. This would be a good project saw, or excellent for parts if you already own one of these.

Here is some info from the Mike Acres site...

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6af40002b8f7/cbbd16c2ebb6d49a88256c2600151435

The missing parts (AF cover and AF) are right now on e-bay for a whopping $5, so that part wont be hard. Here is another guy selling two oiler pumps for a few bucks...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homelite-au...1009850491?pt=Power_Tools&hash=item1e80cbac7b

If you need a 40cc saw, $30 isnt too bad to spend on it, but it depends on how bad your chainsaw addiction is...

As far as running one, I cant help you. If you can get it for $15 or $20, all the better!

Thanks, Clarkbug. And no, I don't NEED it, having 2x 42cc/18" saws. I do have an addiction to buying broken small engines for cheap and learning to fix. I may offer seller $10-15.

I would say that it looks to be in pretty good condition, and if you can get it for $15 you will only be out maybe another $15 or so to fix it up to 100%. Worth it just to have as a loaner!

I have one, bought new in the 1970s. It got a lot of use back then, but isn't running any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.