CL Score today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Scored 2 cord of White Ash today...The base of the one was rather large....like close to 4 ft across...the ole boy was impressed when my son broke out our modded 660 and tore into it...thats when he explained why the wood was free and pointed to his little Husky setting on the ground...he was going to help until he saw he was out gunned! I let him run one of our modded 260 Pros and he was very impressed with it..I believe we have another convert...lol I believe we made a new friend today and we have a pile of Ash to start splitting on...
IMG_2541.PNG
IMG_2543.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Norway Maple? Still good, but a little different.

Sweet score there...

That's an awesome score

Got her all split! Hit 75 here today with lots of sunshine! Beautiful day to split!
IMG_2546.jpg

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I have a lot of ash that's pretty stringy and twisted looking just like that. Not too fun splitting by hand.

Very nice. Nice trailer too. Did you buy it just for wood?
I had it custom built for wood. I had 1/4 in. plate put in the floor and upgraded the cylinders,stake pockets. It also hauls anything else I need to haul.Gravel,stone,wood...debris..ect.I went with a deck over as it is in the woods a lot and gives me more ground clearance..its rated at 14K..pic of the day I brought it home..I put the treated wood sides on it later...
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg
.I have only stalled it once...I had over loaded it with concrete chunks..its a real work horse and such a blessing to be able to just hit that button to unload it!