CL SPECIAL - NY -Woodstock Soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjack

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2008
Woodstock, NY
Hey brothers. check this out. Looks like steal to me.
GOOD LUCK.

Woodstock Soapstone Company Wood Stove - $200 (Pleasant Valley, NY)
Date: 2010-07-15, 4:57PM EDT

This was left in a house that I am currently renovating and have no use for. The general condition of the stove seems to be ok. The legs were taken off and are inside the stove. Could not tell you if it works or not. You would have to come take a look at it. Call 203-994-9231

edit: sorry here's the link:
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/for/1844979595.html

Get it while it's (not) hot!

A word of caution to any potential buyers. Do NOT attempt to move that stove until you put the legs back on. If you don't, I promise you will be calling us for instructions on how to put the stove back together. :)

Too bad my brother just moved to NC from Pleasant Valley. I would have paid him to pick it up.

RS267 said:
A word of caution to any potential buyers. Do NOT attempt to move that stove until you put the legs back on. If you don't, I promise you will be calling us for instructions on how to put the stove back together. :)

Thanks for posting that Ron.

Somebody should snatch this stove up fast!

I left the guy a message. I'll let you know if I had any luck

Maybe I should have jumped on it. It's about an hour away from me. i just didn't think it would look good in my backyard under a tarp.

Backwoods Savage said:
RS267 said:

I post the CL listing and Ron gets thanks for commenting on the legs. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

woodjack said:
I post the CL listing and Ron gets thanks for commenting on the legs. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.

Many thanks for posting it so we could all be miserable because we couldn't get the stove. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
woodjack said:

Many thanks for posting it so we could all be miserable because we couldn't get the stove. :lol:

Thanks. I feel much better now. :)

Buy the stove for $200 hold on to it until Oct. Then unload it for $900 and laugh all the way to the bank.

fespo said:
Buy the stove for $200 hold on to it until Oct. Then unload it for $900 and laugh all the way to the bank.
Not a bad day's pay. :coolhmm:

Looks like the older 201 model, but it's still a steal.

The guy said right up front that he can't tell you if the stove works or not. What if it doesn't work?

A box with a fire in it is gonna work. Well, or not so well. One of those physics things. That heat is gonna want to get out of there somehow.

I guess I should've added a "Duh", or a smiley face or something. The guy quite obviously doesn't even know what he's selling. "Dunno if it's gonna work"...may as well be selling a 55-gal burn barrel and say the same thing.

fossil said:
I guess I should've added a "Duh", or a smiley face or something. The guy quite obviously doesn't even know what he's selling. "Dunno if it's gonna work"...may as well be selling a 55-gal burn barrel and say the same thing.

I know. Just gotta jab ya sometimes. You are so damned right and on the money so often. :)

woodjack said:
Backwoods Savage said:
RS267 said:

:)

Okay, thank you too woodjack. That was very kind of you to post. You are a gentleman and a scholar. We wish you all the luck in the world for your future. May your pockets be filled with good luck charms to be replaced with dollars. My your lawn be overgrown with 4 leaf clovers. (Have I spread this thick enough yet? lol) ;-)

fossil said:

His loss I guess.

I left him a message but he never called back. I guess someone else snatched it up.

I saw it yesterday and posted a link in the for sale section. It's not too far from me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.