CL win

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel59

Oct 19, 2015
Kentucky
I came across an ad for cherry firewood and thought I would give it a try for $35 since I'm new to burning and have seen some nice reviews here. It was about 15 nice sized rounds all above 20" in diameter. It smelled awesome cutting a few, so I'm really anxious to see how it burns...in a couple years.

9d2aeadfbf83c44309a443f3101ed056.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
Nice score. Apple & Cherry woods were my Mom's favorites. Savor that when it gets seasoned!

Reactions: diesel59
@diesel59 you will like burning that!! Burns hot, might be ready next season for you depending on how big the splits are and where it's stored. Good score...

I usually split max size of about 4 inches. Smaller splits dry faster I have learned that the hard way.....

It's also very nice to use in a smoker.

Nice score. Even paying a lil for it.

Good find, split is small and it will dry fast, maybe even this coming winter. Great in the stove and awesome for smoking meat. Enjoy.

NS loading rocks!

Looks like some hardware in a couple of those rounds, hope you didn't mess up a chain[emoji106]

That looks like a cheap cord of good hot burning wood.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.