Clancey's thread believe it or not...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is world wide semipro and it could be a combination of things that can never be corrected even with moving and the best that I can do to prove this to myself is trying to find a quiet place which I have not found "yet"...but I do know when it began here at my house and it began when they dug up the street in front of my house and fooled with the water piping under the ground and the drain off things and at the same time they put in the 5g light pole that is in three sections and brought a strange looking electric line to the back of my ally by way of going somehow underneath the ground to get to the back portion--amazing what they can do...lol lol I have pictures...At the same time they were updating the house at the corner and putting in a mother in law apartment in the middle of their yard with new electric lines and new plumbing plus leveling the ground even with my front yard for it used to be a hill about three feet higher on their property vrs my front yard. So the two properties are now both the same ground level and they dug up the front of their property as well.
Then on one day I heard the hum and wondered what it was and in my house it is louded then in the rest of the neighborhood. I somehow know it is coming from that 5G pole because of the stoppage of the noise when the man in the white van fixing it made the noise silent for some seconds of time. It sounds sort of like a cooling fan or something but to no avail have I found out about where it might be coming from...I turned off the electricity to my house..I drained the plumbing and shut the valves off as well as turning off the gas supply--nothing abates it...and nobody when I ask them if they hear anything ---all say so far--no nothing---and it is frustrating for I know that my ears are just fine and let us not forget the vibration that goes along with it..Its all over this city and in other places I can pick up the sound but not as loud like it is in my home..It is bearable outside and in different places and not so powerful outside but in my house it is a different story and I really think the aluminum siding and copper piping (boiler water system) has something to do with it.. There are people married in the same household where the husband hears it and his wife does not and vice versa and I have never come across anybody on the net who had moved away from it so far and I am still looking and I really think this is a global something maybe coming from the satelites in space for there are a lot of them up there...Then again it could be some sort of radio waves----who knows---so all I can do is search for quiet for no ultility company cares about it for I tried to put in noise complaints and with no results as people say maybe you should go to the ear doctor...They have dug up this whole city and put metal chips or things under the road and I ask them what are they for and no one really knows saying things I do not understand nor can I duplicate what they say--forget--drainage pipes or something or speed stoppers or whatever and they do all of this work at "lightening speed" as well and I have never seen people so very productive to get the job done like if they have a time table or something to finish up the work and this is all over this city...Just saying here and this is a brand new culture and world coming maybe its for electric cars or trucks or something--I have no idea and only very few of us can hear the hum that is constant..So I have done a lot of research about underground wires and water tanks and water reservoirs and central city piping as well as gas lines and towers---none of these items I understand well but it is something to search for to try to get silence once again...It ain't happening...so I take my little trips just to pacify myself and say I tried that and it did not work...Keep plugging that's all I can say-----one thing I do notice-----When they started advertising about tinnitus on television a few years back a whole bunch then the next batch of advertising was about dry eyes and it progressed now to muscles cramps in people legs and all this is happening to me so I look forward to see what the next batch of health advertisements will be for the market places seem to know what is going to be the next big seller of things...either ear doctors or dry eye drops or leg help therapy where they tell you that if 70% is nerve damage the treatment will not help so get into this therapy now..(has to do with muscle cramps)...Now if you look at all of this in a certain way it could be humorous but it is so very serious and no one believes and makes you out like its tin hat time...Sorry I wrote a book here but wanted you to understand and there are other people out there who have the very same problem and they believe you....There is a place called Green Bank West Virginia and it is suppose to be free of radio waves and emf and wifi and the rest because these type of waves would interfere with the workings of the observatory that they have there..and I just wonder if that is a quiet zone...Just thoughts here nothing else...thanks for the post..old clancey

Clancy,
after a cold wet day working outside - I like to fire up the woodstove, pour a drink, and sit down for a little while - and lately I have been turning on the TV - we stream, so pretty good choice of nonsense to pick from.
against my better judgment, I thought I would try the Nat Geo - "welcome to Earth" I think was the name of it - Will Smith is the central character in it - but season one, episode one was pretty much all about sound.
it hit two nerves for me - one, as I feel more sounds than I hear, and two it was interesting because of the other "adventurer" that was taking Will out to the volcano.
it turned out interesting enough I think you should watch it if you have the time some day. seems like potentially pertinent to the sounds that are bothering you. and the lengths they went to - to find "quiet". I no longer think it exists. except for me!
and I found it not only interesting, but actually entertaining. and I am still blown away by the other guy and his accomplishments.
stay warm!
R

It's too bad you can't find a facility that has an EMF Shield room to see if helps. Maybe a local University with a good Electrical Engineering program.

I use to work in a facilty that had one - its a giant metal box that gets sealed tight and is often used when you need to make sensitive measurements that could be impacted by RF energy.

I know its not the solution but it would at least prove it was EMF causing the problem.

Last edited:
It's too bad you can't find a facility that has an EMF Shield room to see if helps. Maybe a local University with a good Electrical Engineering program.

I use to work in a facilty that had one - its a giant metal box that gets sealed tight and is often used when you need to make sensitive measurements that could be impacted by RF energy.

I know its not the solution but it would at least prove it was EMF causing the problem.
seems like a great idea to check for RF/EMF!
keep going on that University concept- maybe a grad student or professor is interested in a study on it - is is a known real thing.
if they won't play -
A small shipping container with a quick foil floor and all tied to earth ground would give ya a bit of a farady cage. couple grounding jumpers to the doors and some crazy tight metal mesh on the vents. light- maybe a 12 volt incandescent might be the electrically quiet way to have lights - short of a candle - but probably bad idea in a non vented or barely vented box. (LED's lights are very noisy on my radio gear! I am assuming the components in the power supply to drive them) also - better have someone you trust on the outside!
without a spectrum analyzer it would be hard to know what frequencies one has filtered out - it all boils down to 1/4 wavelength - smaller mesh could get past what 5G is doing - and that is a known thing that is suspect in this - if one had a 5G phone with service outside, but not inside it could be a possiblity it is "shielded out" , but we don't know what db level our victim is sensitive to.
I know a few people that have them - containers - out rural in places around here they seem very popular.
I know a couple people with spectrum analyzers - pro grade real deal ones. I will be talking to one of them this Sunday - the subject will come up.......
but if it is RF, it is possible to shield out. there may be an answer to it. maybe we can help keep Clancy sane and heating with wood!

Reactions: fire_man
If I was still working in my old job and Clancy was nearby I would invite her to visit one of our shield rooms.

I'm not sure where they exist except at companies that work on sophisticated sensitive electronics (like Radar systems). The only other thought is to contact a local university, ask to speak to the Dean in Electrical Engineering and see if they can point to either their owns facilities or a nearby company.

Keeping me sane is going to be a hard job..lol All great ideas and of checking into them as I go along..I am checking into the different shielding items and this has been interesting in itself..Theories about this can get really crazy and experts who do not hear it just quite do not understand....Its hard trying to find "another hummer" where the noise sounds like a car motor running that changes in pitch at times as well as getting a whole lot worse at night when the background noises are at a lower sound because of less traffic..I am just curious about going south in my state just to see if I can still hear it..I have been west and east and north to no avail and as far as about 40 or so miles out of the city and I can still hear it... I personally think with no proof that it is some kind of radio waves hooked up to those huge tower or beamed at them from satellites or something---thinking gets crazy and there are a whole bunch of different ideas out there including seismographs soundings and all kinds of crazy things----so it will be hard to keep this old clancey sane....lol ..Its getting better and believe it or not I am kind of getting used to it if you can believe that and still looking for another hummer--thanks...no one who I actually spoke to hears this noise and its about 12 people so far....Thanks and good suggestions and that's for taking it seriously for it is just that kind of matter...Will keep you posted on the little house and will be going on Wed next week and we are going to make a nice day of it if weather permits and I will take pictures as well as check out the house really well and ask why that side of the house has just dirt and not grass---maybe sewer problems or something who knows...Will keep you all updated and yes if I move I will bring my wood stove with me....Wondering why the one in the little house is not connected??...But mine at home here is and this is what I did last night built a nice warm fire..

new ttove burning 004.JPG

Thanks and good suggestions and that's for taking it seriously for it is just that kind of matter...
Annoying noises have to be taken seriously - it can grate on your nerves and even hurt ones health. I can relate, there has been constant heavy construction in our neighborhood for the past 6 months.

Neighbors cleared many acres in a heavily wooded lot and were running dump trucks and excavators for months. Now they are putting in an addition on that lot so there is more machinery. Another house is going in behind us, so here comes more excavators , chippers and dump trucks for a stereo effect. :(

i feel for you and this is the coming new age and take a look as your driving with all the different towers out there ---all kinds---and some of them so ugly and scary---new electric age coming--they are thinking now about 7g and 10g and i really think this has something to do with it..Every ailment that they advertise on the tv like dry eyes, itchy skin,. tinittus, leg muscle cramps, tireness-lack of energy or sleep -----they all have the same symptoms as 5g side effects and much more...I actually feel a vibration slight but still there and I am sure as we progress even more people will talk about these things..It's happening "overnight"--new age here...I will let you know about my trip out of the city and how bad the sound is --if there is any???hoping not...thanks for the post...clancey

Tomorrow I have the opportunity to look at the small property "out a ways" and I will try to take pictures for you...I am excited for I am getting "out of town" and looking forward to see a little bit of the "sort of country"---..clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
The property is on the pending list someone else has a offer for it--hard to believe but that's what it is at this time...The area has fire bans and that's why the stove was not hooked up and someone borrowed the piping for another stove..It also needs a water tap and that's a lot of money and they just put in a septic tank on the left side and that's why no grass...This is a old thread and i will start another one down the road--ending this one...clancey

i think because I have so much electricity and stuff in my area--towers all over--this city is zapped..What I am going to do is fight "the waves" from my little house that i love..So what I am thinking about is maybe a "Faraday Cage Tent" of some sort...this is expensive to do but it is cheaper than moving to a new area...5 G is serious business and not "tin foil stuff" and even the different organizations are now trying to handle the interference with altimeters and it should have been already done so we will see how that goes...In the meanwhile my health is failing--dry skin--dry eyes and muscle pains with this constant hiss and hum in my ears to where no one else hears it..Only two percent of people hear this noise but if you plug in the word hum and put your state name or any other state you might get some information about it...This is a serious concern in my opinion and the subject has to be addressed in the future..So I am looking into putting a Faraday Type Room in my bedroom...and this at least would make me feel better...I am also going to try out those noise cancellation head phones as well....Just wanted to share..clancey

The simplest test could be to find a metal-woven cloth and make a "mosquito net" out if it (and to make sure it's continuously under your bed.

Reactions: clancey
Yea they have that type of cloth out there and if one could do their own if they have sewing skills that would be a good project for them to do and a lot cheaper as well..They call these type of things canopies and the one that I like is hooked up to a four poster looking bed or tubes that would hold them..I have read that they really do help with lowering the measurements involving dirty electricity that I guess all houses have in some degree..Of course if some of you live in remote places or outside the main population you might been just fine with the intensities because trees and other materials block most of these new types of energies..these cells need to be space much closer together than the G4 and the lower G's...Wifi has high energy but one could solve this problem by shutting it off at night time and they have electrical gadgets with buttons that can do this as well as putting them in some type of protection box device... People could use cell phones with those ear things so that they can keep them further away from their bodies as well as use the speaker choice to listen to them...There are small ways to make things more healthier like for instance putting a microwave oven out of most of the household traffic areas. As one gets into this they find out a lot more and that's the stage that I am at right now just doing the research and the information is out there if one wants to look and it might make them and their family a lot more safe...Do not carry a cell phone on you body--one could start with that and progress to even more education about these new energies--get ready for a trip of learning and oooooooeeewwww---one step beyond...thanks clancey

Maybe a tinfoil cap would be easier to employ.