Class A chimney wiggle room?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm just going to go with two 15s which will get me over 2".

On a side note I'm not sure my framing is going to pass and I may be screwed all together. I'm not sure I can double the floor joists in the second floor if the inspectors require it. The second floor is finished and I'd have to demo quite a bit to double the "tail joists"

052ffc1bb10e1ae397613ad31a94f2b8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm just going to go with two 15s which will get me over 2".

On a side note I'm not sure my framing is going to pass and I may be screwed all together. I'm not sure I can double the floor joists in the second floor if the inspectors require it. The second floor is finished and I'd have to demo quite a bit to double the "tail joists"

View attachment 238251

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You might be surprised just how little your inspector cares to inspect. Mine wouldn’t even go into the attic to see any framing or clearance. More concerned with distance from wall to back of stove and distance from pipe to wall.