Classic Bay 1200 Insert Won't respond to remote thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bklwashere

Nov 13, 2022
Maryland
I've had a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 Insert for many years. I primarily run it in thermostat mode using a SkyTech remote. It has always worked flawlessly. However, this year when I went to use the stove it no longer recognizes the thermostat mode. The stove works fine otherwise when I turn it on. Note that I can turn it on and off just fine using the remote, it just won't respond in thermostat mode. Any thoughts?

Bad Stat

And the obvious one- checked the batteries in both the receiver and the transmitter/thermostat. I did that one year-forgot to change the batteries one fall, couldn't understand why it wasn't working correctly. Then the dim display gave me my "doh!" moment.

sam

And the obvious one- checked the batteries in both the receiver and the transmitter/thermostat. I did that one year-forgot to change the batteries one fall, couldn't understand why it wasn't working correctly. Then the dim display gave me my "doh!" moment.

sam
Yep, brand new batteries in both.

Did you put the receiver in learn mode and use the transmitter so it learns the transmitter again? Had to do that recently with my Skytech after batteries died in the receiver.

Reactions: VintageGal
Did you put the receiver in learn mode and use the transmitter so it learns the transmitter again? Had to do that recently with my Skytech after batteries died in the receiver.
So, the receiver is definitely communicating with the transmitter. I can use the remote to turn the unit on and off. However, when the remote is in thermostat mode the receiver is not telling the stove to operate (i.e. no call light on the stove even though there is on on the remote).

I'd try disconnecting the thermostat wires at the stove and replace with a jumper wire. If call light on stove comes on then the issue is external to the stove (receiver, or wire). If call light doesn't come on, check to see if the two yellow internal stove wires are still connected to thermostat leads.

Reactions: VintageGal