Classic bay 1200 just wont run properly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toughgirl697

Dec 27, 2019
Michigan
Ok so i bought the CB 1200 used, ran great when i 1st got it for about 3 weeks, then it needed a new thermalcouple. So i replaced the thermalcouple, and now it hasn't ran properly since. I have went step by step and did each maintance their is to do in my book!
It barely builds up any heat, the combustion fan does come on after a while but its not hot heat. The flame is 6" and lazy and orange and the flame is the thickness of a gulfball. Adjusting the feed doesnt chamge the flame it only just keeps building up in the pot to fill it right up! I have good fuel _propellet) , so its not that..it seems like theres no air in there tonhave that flame so active like its supposed to like the fast active flame it should. I have to shut the feed all the way closed or the pellets keep dropping. As long as the call light is on it will drop pellets! I have been working on this for 3 weeks and i just dont know what else to do! I dont believe i missed any of the maintenance that the book says to do..i need help!

You are describing a dirty stove or chimney Pluged with ash.
or there is an air leak and air for combustion is not going through
burn pot (door gasket or other)

Reactions: kappel15
You are describing a dirty stove or chimney Pluged with ash.
or there is an air leak and air for combustion is not going through
burn pot (door gasket or other)
I have cleaned everything, pipe/chimney iz all brand new, i replaced the firepot gasket.
I just found that there is a gap at the bottom of the glass door! I put a new door gasket but the gap is still too much! I tried sliding the door hinges back to try and close that gap but its still not air tight. Darn..how did that happen, anyone have any suggestions on what to do to close tye gap at the bottom of the door?

I would suggest googling a how to video on putting a door gasket in a 1200, to make sure you did it right. kap

I would suggest googling a how to video on putting a door gasket in a 1200, to make sure you did it right. kap
I watched a video before installing it..its very simple. Theres a 1/8 inch gap and now im working on gonna try and loosen the hinges and see if i can tweek it to fit

Can someone tell me doesthe lip of the fire box, when the door is closed if the lip fits inbetween the door and the gasket, or does it press against the seal?

Mine presses into the gaslet. Not perfectly centered but its close all the wY around

Its a little thicker than the channel

Classic bay 1200 just wont run properly

Reactions: cristiansmom
When replacing the thermocouple does the wires need to be hooked up to the post a certain way? I know they r color coded but i couldnt believe i didnt match the colors as they where..duh! Lol