Classic bay 1200 Quadra fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Keebler

Dec 22, 2017
Pritchard
Replaced igniter and control box. Plug stove in exhaust fan comes on. Igniter gets hot but when I turn on thermostat everything turns off. Turn thermostat off exhaust fan and igniter comes on but no pellets. Same thing happens when I cross thermostat wires everything turns off. What the heck is going on. Tech who sold me board AND igniter never heard of this problem

Can u manually turn on feeder? Sounds like a dead short maby in the motor shutting things off?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That's what I'm asking can u manually over ride and force it to feed without thermostats?

How do you manually start feeder motor and is full plugin 120 voltage

No manual option on cb1200. everything is controlled by the box. when you plugged it in and everything came on did the call light illuminate to? is it the correct control box?

i would unplug the stove and pull the box, thats some weird sh%t and i hope it didnt damage it. with it out look in the control plug and see if anything is crossing the pins

What he said above...
Also I'm assuming u can unplug everything from the board. So unplug feed and see if problem still exists

i would unplug the stove and pull the box, thats some weird sh%t and i hope it didnt damage it. with it out look in the control plug and see if anything is crossing the pins
Iv seen this in other electrical equipment. Dead short in a component downstream causes everything to shut down.

Replaced igniter and control box. Plug stove in exhaust fan comes on. Igniter gets hot but when I turn on thermostat everything turns off.
It shouldn't start when plugged in if the thermostat was not calling for heat

the sequence to start this one is you plug it in. With everything turned off . the thermostat and the Heat and convection fan. The exhaust fan comes on. As soon as you plug it in then you tust t turn the heat to high heat on the machine then you're supposed to turn the thermostat to high then the auger supposed to come on and the igniter but instead everything shuts down turn the thermostat off and the exhaust fan starts up again but that's it nothing gets blown though

Yes thats how mine works to. But you said the combustion blower starts (as it should) but your igniter should not come on untill you have a call for heat (thermostat or jumper).
Plug stove in exhaust fan comes on. Igniter gets hot but when I turn on thermostat everything turns off. Turn thermostat off exhaust fan and igniter comes on
That says combustion blower and igniter was on when you plugged it in

Yeah the exhaust fan blower as soon as you plug it in turns on always ignitor doesn't come on until I turn for the high heat on both this pellet stove and the thermostat then the other supposed to start but when I turn the thermostat on everything shuts down

How can I test auger motor. And thanks for ALL the help guys. I'm a journeyman mechanic millwright AND I am stumped with this but I just put over 1000 into this so I don't want to scrap IT

Ok, have you tried resetting the box. I would get the wire diagram in the manual out and double check the wires are in the right place. Un hook the thermostat and put in a jumper.

What setting is control box on, and is it a 3 speed control box? There is a little dial on side of box with numbers. When you plug stove in, does it blink a blue light once every ten seconds, as this is the setting for your stove. #1. And always unplug stove when removing or installing a control box, or you run the risk of toasting it. kap

Reactions: Ssyko