Classic Bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’ll have to check it out. I had a hell of a time installing. I ended up going through the back and bending it in a 90 degree angle. It was a bear to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow looks to me like quad can’t make up thier mind what position to place the bulkhead connector. 3 stoves 3 diff positions
image.jpg

Reactions: kappel15
The one pictured is for the Mt. Vernon AE only. He is just stating where he got it. And you want OEM parts, not after market. kap

The one pictured is for the Mt. Vernon AE only. He is just stating where he got it. And you want OEM parts, not after market. kap

Gotcha. You guys are great. Is there any tricks to the trade with sliding this thermocouple around to get it in? It was a total B last time I tried.

Just take your time and be patient. And just google Quad parts, and lots of places will pop up. I've seen parts cheaper from one place to the next. And did you have your father in law test that one yet? kap

I just picked it up, he hasn’t tested the old one yet. When I was at the dealer, someone was talking about a modification they did to their pellet stove. He said he has a 1200 and he was able to run a hose or something to the air intake so it wasn’t under the stove. Have you ever heard of this?

Fresh air intake? Look in you manual

Yes the mod is doable but requires complete teardown and a lot of sealing of seams and a bit of welding to do it correctly.

So it WAS the thermocouple.... I bought a genuine part and it worked flawlessly. You guys are the best.

I enclosed a photo of the quality difference between the two thermocouples. I hope someone sees this one day and buys
b94f0ffca7ea5ba035bee4c289f76ab3.jpg
a genuine Quadra-Fire part.

Nice!! Glad you got it fixed!!

Glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap

Reactions: JGroUSMC