Classic Bay 1200i - Room Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ryanrieb

Oct 19, 2019
Waterford, CT
Room blower will not turn on. Brand new fan. Brand new snap disc.

if I jump the purple wires it works.

Could this be an airflow issue getting air to the snap disc? It doesn’t physically touch anything once installed and screwed in, so wondering if maybe the exhaust ports at the base of the heat exchanger tubes is restricting airflow?

Pull the snapdisk & hold a flame to the contact surface. If you hear a small "tink" or a metallic click, the disk is working.
If you don't then the new one is inoperable. If it DOES then it could be an airflow issue.
The disk needs to be in solid contact with a hot surface in order to work correctly...

Pull the snapdisk & hold a flame to the contact surface. If you hear a small "tink" or a metallic click, the disk is working.
If you don't then the new one is inoperable. If it DOES then it could be an airflow issue.
The disk needs to be in solid contact with a hot surface in order to work correctly...

New disc definitely works. Did a full stove cleaning and blower finally turned on but seemed to take a long time. Neither snap disc 1 or 2 actually touch a surface. There’s abouta 3/4 inch gap betweenwhere there mounted and the next surface. Must have been designed this way.

On a cold start it does take a bit for the stove to warm up. Was the heat exchanger cleaned recently?

What is the snap switch rating? (it will be on the side of the switch. Something like 125-15.

How long are you letting it run for? Is the snap 100 deg? That’s what the call for on 1200is now because they had problems with the heat tubes warping because it took up to 25 minutes to turn them on. Before they came up with the lower temp disk, they were calling for 1 to be moved to the combustion blower housing, so that’s another option.

IIRC we were running ours with a 110º on temp switch. The convection blower would come on in a few minutes.

It’s the 140 one I think? Has been working but definitely takes awhile longer than I’d like to turn on which I’m sure is wasting $$. I’m going to look into the 100 degree one.

my cb1200 i wired to run as long as the stove was on.

Reactions: Overfireinthehole