Classic Bay Snap Disc Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mikeroe

Oct 30, 2020
Maryland
I have a Classic Bay 1200 free standing stove that is 2 years old. By design, the convection blower doesn't kick in until it reaches 120 degrees. I realize that this is controlled by the snap disc. I want the blower to kick in earlier. Does anyone know if a lower temperature (maybe 100-110 degrees) snap disc is available? Thanks in advance for any/all replies.
Mike

They do make snap discs that will kick on and off at lower temperatures than what you currently have. Search amazon for a 100 degree snap disc. Need to make sure it’ll fit your stove because I doubt Quadra-fire would make one for it. Not sure why you’d want a lower limit switch though. Stove needs to heat up to a certain point to work efficiently.