Cleaned Boost Baffle In The PE, Way Better Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The stove was cool enough when I got home tonight to take out the baffle, and get all the ash swept up & out. Reinstalled said boost baffle correctly :) I hadn't cleaned it since the end of November.

Not to bad, but glad I did it, mostly build up on the outsides of the firebox front, including the 2 holes on the farthest left & right of the baffle. This would explain the lack of air flow on the outside of the firewood that I was seeing before. Also explains the coaling problem I was having, again on the outside areas. .

We're going down to 40ish tonight, and I think the PE is going to be called on to do the job for the whole house.

It's burning wayyyy better ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.