CleanFire vs Green Supreme

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpStateNY

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 4, 2008
Catskill Mountains
Got a coupon for a free bag of CleanFire pellets. I burned 3 ton of Green Supreme in a Harman and it felt like I worked by ash off getting rid of all the ash this year.

I will go down now and get my free bag in a few minutes.

Do you folks think CleanFire pellets are worth the extra $50 a ton or for me an extra $150 a year. versus Lowes/HD Green Supreme ?

Yup

Do you folks think CleanFire pellets are worth the extra $50 a ton or for me an extra $150 a year. versus Lowes/HD Green Supreme ?

Depends who you ask, Seems many members here go the cheap route to save cash. Some(like me) Do a little of both. Cheap for the warmer season and good stuff for the cold. And some just burn nothing but the best they can afford.

Do a little experimenting with whats available in your area. You might find an economical pellet that gives you the best of both. Becareful with the good stuff, Its pretty easy to get spoiled with them! :p

Popcorn and beverage: check!

Reactions: will711 and libirm
Tried a bag of Pacific CleanFire softwood. Definitely burns hotter with less ash than the Green Supreme. On the downside I noticed more black creosote film. For one bag this was not a problem. I am concerned if I burn 3 ton this could really gum stuff up. I am going to try the CleanFire hardwood next.

Tried a bag of Pacific CleanFire softwood. Definitely burns hotter with less ash than the Green Supreme. On the downside I noticed more black creosote film. For one bag this was not a problem. I am concerned if I burn 3 ton this could really gum stuff up. I am going to try the CleanFire hardwood next.
were you burning on low? i find sometimes softwoods like to be run on a higher setting for maybe 10-20 minutes a day to clean tjings up.

Depends on which CleanFire........
Good call sinnian! Clean fire pellets are often the same pellets as Green Supreme, just a different bag. And the bag alone is not enough "lipstic on the pig" to make it a woman though. Lots of "smoke and mirrors" in that clique. I think that you could do better than those two choices given your geographic region, but if you are going to do Clean Fire Pacific, then opt for their LG pellet, which is less money.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I found no virtually no difference between the CF Pacific and the LG's. I agree with CT Pellet, save money ad buy the LG's:cool:

I found no virtually no difference between the CF Pacific and the LG's. I agree with CT Pellet, save money ad buy the LG's:cool:
Hmmmmmm...Why do yo think that is?

Reactions: sinnian
Same stuff?

They look the same, the CF pacific has a stronger odor than the LG's. The ash of the CF pacific is brownish-red where the ash of the LG's is black-gray, I doubt there the sameo_O

Never burned the CF. but I wasn't to fond of the Lg Supers. The regular Lg's are pretty good.

I think the CF pacific's are like their hardwoods. They put what they can get in the bag. I have heard Pinnacle is the primary filler.

My guess is that the CF are Granules LG Super Premium
The LG super premium are produced in Quebec, the CF is produced in the pacific northwest.

Time to resurrect....Just got my shipment of Clean fire Pacific blend, Clear bag, strong softwood smell. Bag has prod. of Canada listed, and american dist co. tried to get info out of the dist co but thier lips are sealed....just that they are a product of Cananda.
Jay here is the UPC... May cross over to the other thread?

Attachments

• IMG_20131114_085645_993.jpg
    IMG_20131114_085645_993.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_20131114_085607_082.jpg
    IMG_20131114_085607_082.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 173
I had three ton of CF Pacific delivered to me in April. When I get home, I can compare UPC.

I will save I don't notice a huge heat difference between the Clean Fire and TSC brand. Almost like the TSC brand better! And a lot cheaper.

Burned CF hardwood 2 years ago. Decent and better than box store but not fantastic. Burned CF Pacific last year. Hot, definitely a softwood, but very fine, light, somewhat sticky ash that adhered to glass easily. Switched back to Hamer's Hot Ones (used 3 years ago) and thrilled. Hot, much less ash, and ash is heavier and closer to sand, which means it doesn't fly around as much when opening door. Easier cleanup with less than half as much residue on glass.

just goes to show us, every stove is different. In my stove the CF Pacifics burn extremely hot with virtually no ash in stove and on glass. I found Hamers last year burned no different than Somersets

That's a good point, Phil. I have to wonder if it's the settings on my MVAE when in softwood mode that contribute to that, although I do get a fair amount of ash from CF Pacific when burning in my little Whit as well. I definitely get less air coming in to the MVAE in softwood mode, and in fact ran it on utility pellet setting for a bag or two at the end to see if that helped (it did). I moved all the remaining CF to the Whit storage area and am now on my last bag. Will compare the Hamers burning there and report back.

About all we can do is buy multiple brands and see what burns best at the best price. My dealer is up to a painful $285/ton without delivery for Hamers and I think I'm a ton shy for the season with the way I'm using my Whit in the office. Box store brands are about $219/ton. May check a couple of other sellers out this weekend to see what I can find.

That's a good point, Phil. I have to wonder if it's the settings on my MVAE when in softwood mode that contribute to that, although I do get a fair amount of ash from CF Pacific when burning in my little Whit as well. I definitely get less air coming in to the MVAE in softwood mode, and in fact ran it on utility pellet setting for a bag or two at the end to see if that helped (it did). I moved all the remaining CF to the Whit storage area and am now on my last bag. Will compare the Hamers burning there and report back.

About all we can do is buy multiple brands and see what burns best at the best price. My dealer is up to a painful $285/ton without delivery for Hamers and I think I'm a ton shy for the season with the way I'm using my Whit in the office. Box store brands are about $219/ton. May check a couple of other sellers out this weekend to see what I can find.
My Quad wasn't happy with the softies. The closest dealer that has Hamers is 40 miles away and he feels $300 a ton is a deal:p

My Quad wasn't happy with the softies. The closest dealer that has Hamers is 40 miles away and he feels $300 a ton is a deal:p
Hey Phil. The stove dealer on 9w in Newburgh had about 10 tons of hamers sitting out front a couple of weeks ago. I have no other info.

Status
Not open for further replies.