Cleaning my Harman 52i Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmkirsch77

Oct 29, 2020
Bucks County PA
I have had this stove for 4 winters now.

Every time I clean it I have trouble putting the medallion back into place. It's always a struggle.

Does anyone have any hints for me so I can get this back together soon.

Thanks so much.

-Jeff

They are known to warp, and replacements are cheap.
I was just going to mention that.. I replaced mine and the flame guide at the same time, it sounds like yours really gives you trouble,
I also would look for any buildup on the top retainer as well.
The guide and medallion should be under 60 together on Amazon . One dead giveaway of a warped medallion is it no longer sits flat in the guide... there shouldn’t be a gap where it fits in the flame guide.

Reactions: DAKSY
Got a new medallion.

The stove just continues to drop pellets without lighting. I'm wondering if I need to replace the igniter.

The stove should feed from cold at a predetermined amount of time, stop and wait for ignition , bump feed a little, and once it senses feed again... I’d check to be sure the igniter wasn’t knocked loose during cleaning and all holes in the burnpot are open. If the burnpot isnt warm after these no ignition cycles you most likely need one. You can get the stove going using hand sanitizer and a match if need be or a torch. The procedure is pretty easy, allow the burnpot to fill a bit , add the gel or sanitizer , stir and light , leave the door open for about 2-3 min until some catch and close the door , once the stove senses heat it will feed normally.