Cleaning the stove fans...how can that be done practical?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...
Second season on Stove KP150 from Tractor surprise...
So far great but loud stove...
Vacuuming it as needed and cleaning the glas...
But i always read of taking fans out for cleaning...
I am not a weak person, but i also dont have the stove in the middle of the room, so it would mean i have to remove the pipe...drag the stove over tile which will probably be destroyed if not at least severely scratched and fight my way into the back of the stove, take fan out and back in and repeat the tile torture...
Sound unpractical to me, or am i am just to soft to my equipment?
Do you really turn your around on a monthly basis and crank it open?

Thx for any responses

I have a englander PDV . I only clean my cumbustion blower once a season. And even then it’s really not that dirty. But I use a leaf blower every week faithfully when I clean the stove. I clean my convection blower probably about 4 times a season. The pdv is very temperamental to dust and pet fur slowing the squirrel cage down. And I have two labs. As far as your issue with moving your stove. Maybe you could just keep furniture sliders underneath it. I just hang over the back of mine.

Hello...Nope the sides are everything but not easy to remove...i have a back plate and that's pretty much it.
And to get to at least the exhaust fan, i would need to move the stove i good amount since it sits angled in a corner on an elevated hearth pad... So would be about a 180 degree turn...
Love this thing, but some things were not thought all way through...

The King kp130 uses 3 screws on each side and the back half of the sides are removable and access to components are readily available.

6DBBE4B1-79C0-43A1-A119-DF6D9F8541EF.png

Holy...how blond can one be...
I actually hauled this beast around with my wife to get it cleaned...and nearly broke my darn fingers due to the small service opening in back...
Will check for those screws first thing when i get home
Thx and sorry a dumb question

Not a dumb question. Its all good ;)

Reactions: Marc S.
That stove looks to be the exact same as my breckwell in design. The 3 screws on the back come right out the panel is slotted so you should only have to loosen them and slide the panel up and off but iv never been able to do that. So i take em right out and then fumble around to find the hole again.. Last time i put it back together i only used one screw on each side..LOL.. Mine is so close to the wall i had to cut a stubby screw driver down a bit so i could get them out.. im going to replace with a bolt at some point..

That stove looks to be the exact same as my breckwell in design. The 3 screws on the back come right out the panel is slotted so you should only have to loosen them and slide the panel up and off but iv never been able to do that. So i take em right out and then fumble around to find the hole again.. Last time i put it back together i only used one screw on each side..LOL.. Mine is so close to the wall i had to cut a stubby screw driver down a bit so i could get them out.. im going to replace with a bolt at some point..
It looks the same because USSC bought Breckwell and copied it. USSC pretty much only makes copies of stoves from companies they’ve purchased, especially Breckwell.

There are no dumb questions just dumb answers
I was always told if you do not know ASK

Reactions: Marc S.